Friday, August 8, 2008

Our Vacation


Don't need to waste too much time...bags to unpack, blogs to read, uh.. I mean, laundry to wash, but I wanted to do a quick post about our vacation. It was a great relaxing 12 days, but somehow now we are home, I barely feel like I was away. Everyday life is back! Plus I am not feeling well, a mild case of vertigo. I still feel like I am on a boat! It's awful and the medicine the doc gave me makes me sleepy. So I am gently being rocked to sleep, but with whinny children hanging on my leg! OH... back to the relaxing vacation... We spent days on the beach which all the boys loved. We got our exercise because Levi had to be the great explorer! No books read at the beach this year! Darren got to go on a dive trip, which he said was amazing! We went to the Loggerhead Marine Center, which rescues sea turtles. This is a great place to visit (for free) if you are ever in Juno Beach. We took break from the sun one day and went to the movies (for free) to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. We did very good with our budget. We may have even spent less $$ than if we were at home. My mom bought a lot of our groceries. We didn't spend more on gas than if we were home, believe it or not. Thank God for bringing down gas prices just in time for us! We even had gourmet meals prepared for us by "Chef Clay" (my baby bro) that we didn't pay a dime for! If you ever visit the area, be sure to eat at Cucina's on Palm Beach. It was wonderful and a great casual atmosphere. Not pretentious at all, as you would expect for Palm Beach.
We really enjoyed our selves and I really want to thank my Grandma "GG", my Mom "Granny" and Howie, and my brother "Chef Clay" and Gabby for a wonderful vacation! We love y'all!!!!!

No comments: